Our Healthy Vegan Recipe Love Affair

June 21, 2013

Healthy Vegan Fridays is a weekly link-up party featuring whole food, plant-based recipes.

Each week, bloggers link-up their recipes and then readers pick their favorites based on the number of clicks.

I’m excited to present you the top recipes from this week’s edition!

Healthy Vegan Friday Reader Favorites:

1. All Raw Food All Week from Healthy Vegas Vegan:

All Raw Food All Week from Healthy Vegan Vegan

2. Nut-Free Raw Carrot Cupcakes with Apple-Cashew Frosting from The Taste Space:

Nut-Free Raw Carrot Cupcakes with Apple-Cashew Frosting from The Taste Space

3.Creamy Avocado Pudding (Two Ways) from My Healthy Chef:

Creamy Avocado Pudding (Two Ways) from My Healthy Chef

Nice selections!

My favorites (my criteria includes recipes using no oil, salt, or added sugars):

1. Best Evolution of Banana Soft-ServeRaw Banana Cream Pudding from Vegan Mommy Chef:

Raw Banana Cream Pudding from Vegan Mommy Chef

2. Most Versatile Bean DishBlack Bean Salsa from Purely Nourished:

Black Bean Salsa from Purely Nourished

3. Most Enticing Vegan CheeseSweet Vegan Ricotta from the little foxes:

Sweet Vegan Ricotta from the little foxes

Honorable Mentions:

Easiest Way to Make BeansSlow-Cooker Refried Beans from Dancing Carrots:

Slow-Cooker Refried Beans from Dancing Carrots

Easiest Raw DessertRaw Chewy Oat Apple Cookies from Gluten-Free Cat:

Raw Chewy Oat Apple Cookies from Gluten-Free Cat

All of these look scrumptious, no?

Thank you to everyone who participated in this weekly event. I’ve had readers tell me how much they look forward to this round-up each week and I have to admit that I delight in checking out all the amazing creations.

You can read more about Healthy Vegan Fridays and see a list of all the past posts here. To submit a recipe to the next round, just scroll down past all the thumbnails at the end of this post and you’ll see the link.

Lovely Recipe Inspiration:

As we celebrate the first days of summer, I wanted to leave you with a little recipe inspiration with several ways to use quinoa. I honestly had no idea what to make for dinner the other day, but I had a batch of cooked quinoa in the fridge. What I ended up doing was chopping up whatever vegetables I could find in the fridge (happened to be orange and yellow bell peppers, zucchini, onion, and celery):

Makings of my quinoa salad from Carrie on Vegan.

For flavor, I squeezed some fresh lime juice on top, and for staying power, I added pistachio nuts and sunflower seeds:

Vegetable Quinoa Salad from Carrie on Vegan.

This salad was really easy to prepare and super tasty.

I had a conference call to do around dinnertime, so I left a bowl in the fridge for my man. We just passed 15 years of being together and we’ll celebrate our 10-year wedding anniversary in July. The love affair continues… :)

Healthy dinner with a love note from Carrie on Vegan.

The leftovers of this salad could easily be wrapped up in nori or a tortilla. I made something similar a few months back and posted the recipe on Vegan Delish, my recipe app featuring over a 100 whole food recipes (get it here). Here’s a screenshot of the iPad version:

Veggie Sushi Rolls on Vegan Delish.

The recipe for the Vegetable Quinoa Salad is also on the app; here’s a screenshot of the iPhone version:

Vegetable Quinoa Salad on Vegan Delish.

While I was at the gym the other day, I took the opportunity to do a little vegan marketing by putting my app’s card on the bulletin board. I’ll have to check today and see if anyone has taken it:

Vegan Delish at the gym!

If you like my blog or my app, would you consider telling your friends? I would absolutely love the referral, kinda like how the folks working at the dentist’s office always asks you to refer them? I’m way more fun than the dentist, though!

Here are the links for following and sharing:

Vegan Delish – recipe app for iPhones and iPads: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vegan-delish/id574849694?mt=8

Vegan Delish Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/VeganDelish?ref=hl

Carrie on Vegan home page: http://www.carrieonvegan.com

Carrie on Vegan Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CarrieonVegan

Carrie on Vegan Pinterest boards: http://pinterest.com/carrieonvegan/

Carrie on Vegan Instagram account: http://instagram.com/carrieonvegan

Carrie on Vegan Twitter account: https://twitter.com/carrieonvegan

Carrie on Vegan Google+ page: https://plus.google.com/103264720521480246858/posts

Conclusion:

As always, I truly thank you for your support and wish you the best for a happy, healthy weekend. See you back here on Monday Tuesday.

Miachel (Spiced Curiosity) June 21, 2013 at 7:18 am

Aw, congratulations on your anniversary! :) I just celebrated 2 years with my boyfriend. Fifteen is beautiful!

This week I’m excited to share a Quick Pickled Radish Salad, nice for late spring and early summer.

Have a great weekend!

Carrie June 21, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Thanks Miachel, and congrats on your 2-years, I remember when I was there. Time flies! :)

Caity @ Moi Conter La Vie June 21, 2013 at 7:23 am

I was waiting for this post to come up this morning – I have every intention of spending my entire weekend in the kitchen. Yeah! <3

Carrie June 21, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Cool! Let me know what you end up making!

Heather @Gluten-Free Cat June 21, 2013 at 8:04 am

Thanks, Carrie for sharing my raw cookies!! I’ve linked up a raw pasta dish today. Have a great weekend!!

Carrie June 21, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Thanks for sharing such a yummy-looking recipe, Heather!!! :)

Suzanne June 21, 2013 at 8:13 am

Loving the use of leftovers, Carrie; pistachios are an awesome salad nut!! I have a recipe featuring them that will be posted next week! I hope you’ll check it out :)

Judee@ Gluten Free A-Z June 21, 2013 at 12:06 pm

I’m drooling . All of the features look so good. Can’t wait to look through this week’s shares. This week I linked a kale and blueberry salad with a raw cashew dressing. Thanks for hosting . Have a great week.

Carrie June 21, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Thanks for sharing a recipe, Judee!!!

Ashlee June 21, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Aw, Carrie! What a sweet dish and note for your guy, and congrats on so many wonderful years together! That is an achievement to celebrate and be proud of! :) And thank you for featuring my Sweet Vegan Ricotta! Much love for you and Healthy Vegan Fridays!

Carrie June 21, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Thanks Ashlee! I felt kind of silly posting the love note, but it was cute and I thought, why not? Thanks for sharing such an awesome recipe. Have a great weekend! :)

Linda Dale June 21, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Congratulations Carrie! Nothing is sweeter than a successful love story, except maybe “Healthy Vegan Fridays.” Love this posts and feel so happy to be vegan!

Carrie June 22, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Ha ha, thanks Linda! :)

Annie June 22, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Congratulations on your love affair – sweet that you still think of your relationship that way. It’s easy to take a partner and a good relationship for granted. I think a beautiful, healthy salad waiting the the ‘frige says it all :-)!

Carrie June 22, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Awww, thanks for the kind words, Annie. I totally agree with you that it’s easy to take the great things and people in our lives for granted. :)

kimmythevegan June 22, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Happy Anniversary! 15 years? Wow – that’s just awesome!
The salad looks quite tasty! I like how pretty it looks and that it is pretty simple to throw together. I want to try it in a nori wrap =)

Carrie June 22, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Thanks, Kimmy! Yep, 15 years…what a ride and it ain’t over yet. :) I hope you can meet Alan soon and I can meet your husband at some point, too!

Jackie June 23, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Happy anniversary, and what a sweet gesture to leave a love note in front of a delicious looking quinoa salad! :) I’ve been tossing leftover quinoa with fresh fruit and eating it for breakfast. It’s so versatile.

Carrie June 24, 2013 at 1:41 pm

That’s a brilliant idea, Jackie, to combine fruit and quinoa. I might have to try that! :)

Jodi@PurelyNourished June 26, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Hi Carrie!
I’m not sure what happened but I think a comment I made last week never made it. So I’m re-commenting.

So cute you leaving the food and note in the fridge. I’m making that salad for sure!

Thanks for sharing my Mango Black Bean Salsa/Salad and your continued encouragement of my blog. I am having so much fun! This week’s post was a zesty Watermelon Gazpacho- so refreshing!

Carrie June 28, 2013 at 3:13 pm

I am in love with your recipes, Jodi! I thought the Watermelon Gazpacho looks fantastic for this hot weather. I did get your comment from last week, maybe it didn’t show up for some reason? Anyway, enjoy your weekend and stay cool! Thanks again for sharing your incredible creations on Healthy Vegan Fridays. :)