The Best Healthy Vegan Recipes

August 16, 2013

Happy Healthy Vegan Friday to you!

Can you believe we’ve been doing our recipe link-up party over a year now? I just checked and our first date was July 27, 2012. I love seeing all of the healthy, plant-based contributions from the blogosphere each week and the fun continues today.

This Week’s Healthy Vegan Friday Reader Favorites:

1. Peach, Basil & Hemp Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette from The Taste Space:

Peach, Basil & Hemp Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette from The Taste Space

2. Tomato-Basil Zucchini Noodle Salad from The Taste Space:

Tomato-Basil Zucchini Noodle Salad from The Taste Space

3. Overnight Mint Chocolate Pudding Oats from The Womble:

Overnight Mint Chocolate Pudding Oats from The Womble

Just a few notes: we had a tie this week between several recipes for 3rd place, so my co-hosts and I selected the 3rd place winner by both likes and clicks. Also, we have decided to go back to our system of clicks instead of likes to pick the winners. So, you can continue to enjoy the recipes from the thumbnails per usual, and there is no extra work required to help pick the favorites.

My favorites (these recipes are made with minimal oil, salt, or added sugars):

1. Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad with Coconut Curry Dressing from The Veggie Nook:

Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad with Coconut Curry Dressing from The Veggie Nook

2. Healthy Chocolate Mint Fudge from The Healthy Family and Home (I made this earlier this week and used dates to sweeten and left out the chocolate chips…it was fantastic!):

Healthy Chocolate Mint Fudge from The Healthy Family and Home

3. Watermelon Gazpacho with Finger Limes from Vegan Miam:

Watermelon Gazpacho with Finger Limes from Vegan Miam

Honorable Mentions:

Penne Primavera with Avocado Cashew Cream from Vegan Heritage Press:

Penne Primavera with Avocado Cashew Cream from Vegan Heritage Press

Healthy Pistachio Ice Cream from The Healthy Maven:

Healthy Pistachio Ice Cream from The Healthy Maven

Thank you to everyone who participated and please feel free to add your original, vegan recipe to the party by using the link below the thumbnails on this post.

Conclusion:

I can’t stand to admit it, but summer is starting to wind-down. My classes don’t start until after Labor Day, but I know some schools, especially for the younger kids, are starting as early as next week. Alan and I are traveling north this weekend to the Bay Area for a late summer visit to family and friends. I always find it so inspiring to travel as a vegan and see what healthy options I can find. I’ll actually be back here next Wednesday (not Tuesday as usual) to share my adventures.

Until then, keep in touch with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, or Google+ and don’t forget to help keep my blog going by downloading my recipe app, Vegan Delish, on the iTunes store here.

Speaking of Vegan Delish, I just added one of my favorite recipes from this summer to the app for a no-sugar added Peach Cobbler. Get the recipe on your iPhone or iPad here!

Peach Cobbler on iPhone.

Have a healthy, happy weekend!

Caity @ Moi Conter La Vie August 16, 2013 at 7:52 am

Can’t wait to give all of these a try – Especially that mint fudge! <3

Carrie August 16, 2013 at 8:50 am

Be forewarned, the fudge is AMAZING, I ate the whole batch in two sittings. :)

Sara August 16, 2013 at 8:22 am

Hmm, the recipes are looking great as usual! Specially the sweet potato, lentil salad looks tempting :-)

Carrie August 16, 2013 at 8:48 am

Thanks Sara! Have a great weekend. :)

rika@veganmiam.com August 16, 2013 at 9:00 am

Dearest Carrie, I am so honoured to be on your favorites! Thank you for sharing the vegan watermelon gazpachos with finger limes! Happy Friday and have a lovely weekend xx

Carrie August 16, 2013 at 9:01 am

Thanks for sharing your beautiful recipe. Xoxo! :)

Miachel (Spiced Curiosity) August 16, 2013 at 9:20 am

These all look so delicious and healthy! :)
Will definitely pin the zucchini noodle salad and peach cobbler for later.

I’m sharing a recipe for Apricot Ginger Sorbet (along with Pluot Lemon). I used honey in place of white sugar, but maple syrup would work well as a replacer for a deeper flavor.

Have a great weekend!

Sandra August 16, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Hello Carrie
lovely selection this week! Peach cobbler sounds like dream food to me (it’s impossible to get ripe peaches in the UK).
I’m sharing a refreshing Raspberries smoothie :)
Have a great weekend,
Sandra

Paul Quin August 16, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Hello,

the chocolate mint fudge recipe asks for honey & is therefore not vegan. ;-)

Greetings.

Carrie August 17, 2013 at 8:05 pm

Yes, that is correct. My co-hosts and I do ask that submitted recipes for Healthy Vegan Fridays give a vegan substitute option for honey and the author of the recipe did just that.

amber August 16, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Always so many wonderful recipes!

Congratulations on a year of HVF.

This week I am sharing a kid-approved green smoothie.

Have a great weekend.

Be Well,
–Amber

Nicole @ SAHMommylogues.wordpress.com August 16, 2013 at 6:25 pm

Just linked up for the first time! Thank you for having me :)

Gabby @ the veggie nook August 18, 2013 at 9:23 am

Thanks for featuring my salad my dear :) Happy weekend!

Carrie August 19, 2013 at 9:03 am

You’re welcome, Gabby! Hope your weekend was fun. :)

Jean August 18, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Hi, Carrie,

Thanks for some great recipe ideas! I plan to try the chocolate mint overnight oats this week. That fudge may be too tempting, though :)

While you are visiting in the Bay area, you might like to check out Nature’s Express, our vegan restaurant on Solano Avenue in Berkeley. Have a great trip! Jean

Carrie August 19, 2013 at 9:01 am

Thanks for the tip, Jean! I didn’t make it to Berkeley on this trip, but hope to visit in the future! :)

Emily August 18, 2013 at 11:14 pm

These recipes look amazing and I will make them asap but some of the best vegan recipes I know of are here: