Hi there and happy Healthy Vegan Friday! I hope my American friends had a great Thanksgiving yesterday. I ended up making an Eggplant Cannelloni dish from Dr. Fuhrman’s new cookbook that I will be sharing on Monday, along with a giveaway! I can’t wait for this.
Until then, though, we have a great round-up of holiday favorites as part of today’s recipe round-up from the blogosphere. Enjoy!
Reader Favorites (based on the number of clicks):
My Favorites (these recipes are made using minimal oil, salt, or added sugars):
1. Best Use of Kale - Creamed Kale from VeggieGirl:
2. Easiest Healthy Soup - Sweet Potato Curry Stew with Zucchini Noodles from Egginon:
3. Recipe I Want to Try ASAP - Winter Squash Buckwheat Breakfast Loaf with Quick Cranberry Jam from Quick’n’Healthy:
1. Best Gift Idea - DIY Portable Instant Smoothie Mixes from Green Thickies:
2. Easiest Healthy “Salad” - Brown Rice Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing from The Legal Shrimp:
3. Most Enticing Breakfast aka Dessert - Peppermint Mocha Waffles from The Healthy Maven:
I’m really and truly almost done with my semester and I’ve already been spending more time in the kitchen. That’s a good thing because it might just be my favorite place to be! Although I love learning about the science of nutrition, my true passion is doing exactly what I do here, sharing my experiences making healthy, plant-based meals and showing how delicious and easy it can be to live this way.
Have a wonderful weekend and see you Monday.
Note: Want to contribute a recipe for next week’s Healthy Vegan Friday round-up? Scroll past the thumbnails at the end of this post and you’ll see the link to click. You can also see the submission guidelines here.
And, if you have an iPhone or iPad, be sure to download my recipe app, Vegan Delish, featuring over 145 healthy, whole food recipes.