These are some of my favorite resources for healthy, compassionate living. Please note that some of the links include affiliate codes so if you make purchases, I get a small referral commission. Thank you for your support!
Recommended Appliances (you can see them all in my Amazon store here):
- Dehydrator: Excalibur Dehydrator
- Food Processor: Cuisinart 11-Cup version
- Hand Immersion Blender: Hamilton-Beach version
- High-Speed Blender: Vitamix high-speed blender
- Juicer: Omega masticating version
- Non-dairy Yogurt Maker: Euro-Cuisine
- Pressure Cooker: Cuisinart electric version
- Slow-Cooker: Cuisinart 3 1/2-Quart Slow-Cooker
- Soy Milk Maker: Soybella
- Sprouter for nuts, seeds, and beans: Easy Sprout Sprouter
Books on Healthy, Plant-Based Living:
- Becoming Vegan: The Complete Guide to Adopting a Healthy Plant-Based Diet by Brenda Davis and Vesanto Melina
- Disease-Proof Your Child: Feeding Kids Right by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
- Eat to Live: The Revolutionary Formula for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
- Eat to Live Cookbook: 200 Delicious Nutrient-Rich Recipes for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss, Reversing Disease, and Lifelong Health by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
- Healthy Eating, Healthy World by J. Morris Hicks
- The New Fast Food: The Veggie Queen Pressure Cooks Whole Food Meals by Jill Nussinow
- Staying Healthy in the Fast Lane: 9 Simple Steps to Optimal Health by Kirk Hamilton
- Super Immunity by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
- The End of Diabetes: The Eat to Live Plan to Prevent and Reverse Diabetes by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
- Unprocessed by Chef AJ
- Vegan for Life by Jack Norris and Virginia Messina
Books on Emotional Health:
- 8 Minute Meditation: Quiet Your Mind. Change Your Life by Victor Davich
- Brain Over Binge by Kathryn Hansen
- Clutter Busting by Brooks Palmer
- Wired for Joy by Laurel Mellin, Ph.D.
Online Shopping and Vegan Products I Love:
- My Amazon store featuring my favorite book and products.
- Booda Butter: great for dry hands and hair (I have no affiliation with this company).
- Dr. Fuhrman supplements – click my link to get free shipping (includes an affiliate link).
- Max Sesame Tahini Spread: this is the only brand I am aware of that is made from raw, unhulled and sprouted sesame seeds for maximum nutritional value (I have no affiliation with this company and I’ve had some issues with shipping recently, so buyer beware).
- Montana Gluten-Free Oats: I order the organic, PrOatina version that is higher in protein (includes my Amazon.com link)
- Mountain Rose Herbs: I buy bulk teas, essential oils, herbs, and spices from this Oregon-based company (includes an affiliate link)..
- Nature’s Garden nutritional yeast: this is the brand is not fortified with folic acid (I have no affiliation with this company).
- Sunwarrior Natural Protein Powder: a great vegan option with no added sugars or fortifications (includes an affiliate link).
- Unpasteurized almonds from Briden Wilson Farm (I have no affiliation, I just really like ordering from this family farm).
- Vegan Delish: my recipe app available for iPhones and iPads.
- Vitacost.com: Use this link for $10 off if you’re a new customer (I have no affiliate link with Vitacost, but I find it to be an economical and convenient way to order supplies).
- Carrie on Vegan Amazon Store: http://astore.amazon.com/caronveg-20
- Cultures for Health: http://www.culturesforhealth.com
- Dr. Fuhrman’s website: http://www.drfuhrman.com/
- Fooducate: http://www.fooducate.com
- Forks Over Knives: http://www.forksoverknives.com
- Nutrition Facts (Dr. Greger): http://nutritionfacts.org/
- Our Hen House: http://www.ourhenhouse.org
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM): http://www.pcrm.org/
- Sprout People: https://sproutpeople.org
- Vegan Delish: http://www.vegandelish.com
Guest Posts, Articles & Interviews by Carrie (listed starting from the most recent):
- “Need Some Jazz Hands in the Kitchen? ‘Jazzy Vegetarian Classics’ Cookbook Author Laura Theodore is Here to Help.” Cookbook review and Q&A printed on the Our Hen House website on January 6, 2014.
- “5 Tips for Living Toxin-Free,” published on the Made to Glow website in December, 2013.
- “Becoming Vegan, Express Edition”: Q&A with Brenda Davis, R.D. and Vesanto Melina, M.S., R.D.” Published October, 2013.
- Guest post, “My Vegan Journey,” on Stone Soup blog for Food & Nutrition Magazine of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics. Published in July, 2013.
- Guest post, “Raw Strawberry Tart for Warm Weather,” on Stone Soup blog for Food & Nutrition Magazine of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics. Published in April, 2013.
- Interview with Carrie on the Native Foods Cafe newsletter, April, 2013
- Vida Vegan Con Alum Does Good: Carrie Forrest’s Vegan Delish App. Published on the Vida Vegan Con blog in March, 2013.
- Featured in The Huffington Post article, “Diebetic Dessert Recipes: 13 Diabetes-Friendly Cakes, Cookies, and More” on February 25, 2013.
- Guest post, “How to Make a Green Smoothie,” on Stone Soup blog for Food & Nutrition Magazine of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics. Published on February 6, 2013.
- “Interview with a Nutritarian: Carrie,” published on the Disease Proof website on February 1, 2013.
- Interview with Carrie & Alan on the Our Hen House podcast. Released on December 29, 2012.
- “How Cancer Grew My Activist Spirit” from December, 2012. Published on the Our Hen House website.
- Book review of Finding Ultra by Rich Roll from August, 2012. Published on the Our Hen House blog.
- Interview with Dr. Michael Greger of NutritionFacts.org from May, 2012. Published on the Our Hen House blog.
- Book review of Staying Healthy in the Fast Lane: 9 Simple Steps to Optimal Health by Kirk Hamilton from May, 2012. Published on the Our Hen House blog.
- Book Review of The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition by Julieanna Hever, from February, 2012. Published on the Our Hen House blog.
- Book review of Super Immunity by Joel Fuhrman, M.D., from January, 2012. Published on the Our Hen House blog.
- “Book Review on Healthy Eating, Health World“ by J. Morris Hicks from November, 2011. Published on the Our Hen House blog.
- ”Lessons from Veganism – The First Year” from October, 2011. Published on the Vida Vegan Con blog.
- “The Health Reasons for Going Vegan” from June, 2011. Published on the blog: JL Goes Vegan.
Disclaimer: The information on this blog is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Consult your physician before making any changes to your diet or exercise program.